No matter how nice your products are, there are habits you should develop if you want to achieve a smooth skin.
1. Always wear sunblock everyday even on Winter. Sun damage affects all skin color, fair-skinned or dark-skinned. Wearing sunblock with at least SPF 30 can protect your skin against the harsh rays of the sun. Sunblock products can prevent wrinkles, uneven skin tone large pores and fine lines. If you’re constantly under the sun, reapply at least once or twice as one application in the morning cannot protect you all day.
2. Do you believe that the way you store your eye cream can make a huge difference in its effect? Cold creams are more effective in reducing puffiness by constricting blood vessels. Eye creams are best applied in the morning as they can cause swelling and irritation when applied at night. Products with peptidesor retinol will keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay while those containing caffeine can decrease any swellling.
3. Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Nourish your skin inside and out by eating foods rich in antioxidants. Olive oil, blueberries and pomegranates can help combat free radical damage. When you’re healthy inside, it will show on the outside. Start your day by eating fiber rich foods and protein to regulate blood sugar as acne, rashes and wrinkles can develop when your blood sugar rises quickly.
4. Make it a habit to exfoliate regularly. Is your expensive moisturizer not enough to achieve a glowing skin? Is your anti-aging cream letting you down? One of the best ways to achieve smoother skin is exfoliation. Sloughing off dead skin cells minimizes wrinkles and dry spots which reveals a healthy and glowing skin. Exfoliating products with microbeads can be used two to three times a week and there are even gentler products that are safe to use everyday.
5. Exercising does not only give you a toned physique, it makes your overall health better too. Muscle tone is improved with cardio exercises and strength training which results in tightened skin. People who constantly workout and eat a balanced diet usually have younger-looking, smooth skin. Always remember to wash your face and body after a workout as your pores can be clogged and it can cause breakouts.